Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chewy Gnome Bars- a delicious treat!

Okay….so I’ve decided that rather than find another well-known innkeeper who cooks up a mean gnome, I’d give you one of my own delicious gnome recipes. This is a relatively simple recipe, but the key ingredient can be difficult to find.

So, without further delay, Chewy Gnome Bars.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons gnome extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Procedure-Melt butter, add brown sugar and blend. Put mixture into bowl. Add eggs, gnome extract, flour, baking powder, salt and mix well. Pour into greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

The trick-Gnome extract can be difficult to find and quite expensive. It can be found at specialty shops. If you choose to obtain your own, be sure to hold the gnome by its feet and shoulders as you twist. If you hold the gnome by the head, it will pop off as quite a bit of wringing is needed to extract the essence. It is my understanding that a similar treat is prepared in some alliance cities substituting vanilla for gnome extract. I can’t imagine why one would want to do that, but thought I’d mention it.

So there it is. The recipe for Chewy Gnome Bars. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Can you put nuts in there, I love Nuts. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnome gnuts? Sure. You don't have to limit the recipe to just the gnome extract.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo... I know this is the wrong place, but I can't find your e-mail. Are you aware that like your last 2-3 most recent posts the comments are disabled? At least I think they are. I can't comment on them. I didn't know if you had disabled for the entire blog, but nope, here I can comment. Like for one post, I figured that might be intentional, like "don't comment on this ONE" but... 2-3 makes me think it's an accident.

    So either (A) you turned them off and forgot to turn them back on and are wondering why nobody loves you (B) you don't want to hear our yappin and yammerin (C) Blogger effed up somehow or (D) mysterious 4th option.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete