Monday, April 12, 2010

My WoW weekend (well, WoWish anyway).

Okay, so I was looking forward to doing alot more than I actually did this weekend. I did do a little farming. profession leveling, daily heroics and even the weekly raid. Overall however, my grand plans gave way to real life. Leaking faucets, long grass, smelly dogs, tennis and ballet lessons....never ends.

So raiding...yeah. Finally did a raid. Ulduar 10. First time in a raid. I've been playing WoW for about 2 years no I believe and I've never been in a raid. I'm mostly a solo WoW player so the guild thing took some time to happen. When I finally did, it was a very casual guild. No serious raiding. A few members PUG every now and then, but no guild raids. I don't PUG raids because people just seem like such douchebags that I just can't bring myself to do it. Even in this raid, the PUG players were being jack-asses. Four of us were guildies. Two tanks, two heals and two dps were PUGS and they were bitchin' from flame leviathan (or whatever the first encounter is). And they continued through razorscale. Bitch, bitch, bitch. Learn to tank, learn to dps, learn to heal....awmahgahd!!!!! Shut your pieholes! One dps died, and we finished. Relax.

On a lighter note, I have no idea what happened in either encounter. I was late zoning in for flame leviathan, so no vehicles were left. I didn't think I could just run through the place where the dwarves and their helicopters are so I just cruised at the starting area. Of course nobody bothered to tell me what to do, so I don't care all that much. Then I found a teleporter, asked where I should teleport to. They had already started razorscale, the one dps died. I got there and started healing like crazy. I was just slightly below the priest and above the pally in performance so I was pleased. I must say I have no idea what happened during the encounter. Apparently there is a dragon there that eats you. I wouldn't know. There are also apparently some dwarves that come out of the ground and also try to eat you. I wouldn't know. I just looked at boxes and tried to keep them full. I also tried not to stand on or near anything that did not resemble the ground. I also tried to stay away from the dragon. In general that is good advice anyway.

So... there is my first raid experience. It was a little anti-climactic as I have no idea what really happened. It was also kind of what I expected as people bitched and moaned throughout. That is the primary reason I don't raid. I'd love to, seems fun, and challenging. I just can't stand assholes. Is it possible to find a group of non-assholes who play for fun and don't get all bent and serious about raiding? I'll let you know.

Anyhow....that's my WoW weekend in a nutshell. Exciting. and there was much rejoicing....yay..

2 comments:

  1. And comments are back! REJOICE! Yeah, you can find a casual raiding guild that likes to have fun, but they are difficult to find - and inevitably there's drama over not being hard core ENOUGH...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...some total genius helped me get the comments issue fixed :) It seems to me I can't be the only person who thinks the way I do, maybe it's my server. If I'm on and I have time I will raid. I will always play my best (which is pretty well if I may say) and I can't stand douchebags and will always call them on their BS. Now if I can find at least 9 other people like that who play the same times i do...Ive got something!

    ReplyDelete